Another week goes by, another website goes live for a small client built in WordPress. This particular project was one that we were keen to deliver on a super tight timeline as the client had already built half a site over a protracted period and wanted to move on.
In a situation like this WordPress is such a perfect solution for a whole number of reasons including
- Its really cost efficient. Sites can be delivered on incredibly low budgets utilising a wealth of open source templates, plugins and pieces of functionality.
- Sites can be built really quickly. This particular site took less than three days to build in total with even more complex builds with e-commerce solutions and the like taking a surprisingly short amount of time to turnaround.
- Its really stable. WordPress powers some 25-30% of the total number of websites on the internet. Let that sink in a moment, because thats an insane amount of websites. That hasn’t happened by accident – its because WordPress is a responsive, constantly improving beast that offers a really flexible sandbox to build in.
- No more hidden costs to “make the mobile version once we’ve finished”. Building on WordPress enables us to ensure all of our sites are mobile responsive from the get go.
- Its easy to manage. Crucially – its easy for clients to manage and maintain moving forward. Theres no point developing a beautiful looking website with a myriad of functionality if the users that will be managing the site can’t understand it. WordPress offers straightforward, intuitive content management options for even users with knowledge of coding or html.
To find out more about what can be achieved using this powerful web publishing platform, contact us today or see examples of our work here.
With less than 50 days to go until Christmas – its time to get organised with our great offers on Christmas cards!
At So Very Creative we know all about the great stuff that Christmas brings – the opportunity to reflect on the year, the chance to catch up with family and friends and most importantly – the opportunity to eat a lot of chocolate!
Its also a great time to reach out to your customers and partners and thank for them for their business during the year.
Rather than send generic cards though – why not send a custom card in line with your companies branding or personality? To make the process as simple as possible, we have teamed up with our favourite Northampton based printer to create a range of special Christmas offers for card printing – with prices starting from as little as £152 (including envelopes, delivery and a full art-working service).
Being a small business ourselves, theres nothing we love more than helping other small businesses help to achieve their ambitions. Just such a project came our way recently when we began working with the team at WS Holmes.
WS Holmes are a new specialist cleaning company in Northampton who offer gutter cleaning and other specialist cleaning services. Business Director Wayne was looking for a couple of very important items for a small business – a website to advertise his services and some cards to hand out to new and potential clients.
When it comes to building websites, we specialise in working with WordPress – a really popular and very easy to use content management system that offers users on a budget a way of creating great looking websites with all kinds of functionality built in, for a fraction of a bespoke site being built from the ground up.
Working with Wayne we were able to very quickly put together a simple site that looked great on mobile devices as well as laptops and desktops (all of our wordpress sites are mobile responsive as standard, at no extra cost). Wayne was very happy with the results and was even happier to find out how easy the website was to update and manage when we delivered his free training.
Making sure that users are comfortable with their new website is a crucial part of the whole process for us, one of the things we really wanted to do when we set out on this journey was to help empower businesses to begin taking control of their online activity and we would be failing in that if we delivered a website that was complete impossible to manage and update.
Find out more about WS Holmes by visiting their website here.
To finish the job we also delivered a nice glossy set of business cards printed on a heavy duty board to give them a really firm, robust finish and Wayne was very happy with how the various projects all turned out.
In the meantime, you can find other examples of our work by clicking over here.
I thought I would share a little glimpse here of a work in progress for a new product hitting shelves in 2017 called Gutter Devil. The product – which is aimed squarely at a retail market; available through large DIY chains etc – is designed to enable homeowners to clean out their guttering and drainpipes at home without having to climb up ladders and the like to do so.
We’ve been working with this client for some time now and so have been involved in the development process for this product but whereas previously we had been operating to support the clients B2C operations, we were now faced with developing a new brand aimed at a B2C audience – one fighting for shelf space with the likes of Karcher at that.
After working through a range of names and possible design concepts (Gutter Ninja anyone?!) we eventually settled on the Gutter Devil name and got to work.
With the product not launching to retail until 2017, our brief from the client was to put together some branding elements that could be used to support a soft launch of the product – this included putting together a small holding page, designing some initial print and advertising materials and helping the team to set up and develop a social media presence for the product as well.
Right from the off after settling on a name for the product we knew we wanted to develop a brand that stood out on the shelf as bold and impactful and so making the devil and the hot red colour scheme the complete focus of the materials was key. From there we began working up a whole range of possible applications for the branding – some of which I’ve shared here.
We decided right from the off to employ something of an off-kilter tone of voice – using some well known ‘devil related’ phrases and quotes to build a personality – our first tweet read “Please allow me to introduce myself” and from there we have maintained a playful, mischievous tone of voice to try and capture the imagination of a B2C audience that might be turned off by overtly corporate messaging.
Over the coming months we have got a huge amount of work in front of us including developing point of sale materials for retail stores and much more – I will be sure to share progress here as the campaign develops!
Until next time – don’t forget you can also find more examples of our work by clicking over here, or by connecting with on social media (Twitter, Instagram, Tumblr and Facebook @SoVeryCreative)
- Development of strong retail friendly brand for print advertising and initial product launch.
- Development of mobile responsive holding page and social media presence.
- Viral teasers and implementation of branding across ambient media.
Doodleday is a series of occasional design challenges we like to set ourselves just to keep our creative juices flowing!
Here at SVC HQ, we must confess to being very partial to a bit of NFL so we were very excited to see the season start to crank to life in the last few weeks ahead of the new season.
Well, we are back in the office now after having a great week this week up in Manchester supporting one of our clients onsite at the Manchester Cleaning Show – one of the larger events in the sector calendar.
Over the last five years, we have built up a lot of experience in events management and we drew on all of that experience this week wearing all kinds of hats including;
- Completing all of the pre-event checks and processes – health & safety declarations etc
- Production of the exhibition stand itself (pictured above)
- Design and print management services to prepare printed marketing collateral
- Onsite social media coverage
Essentially what we offer is a complete end to end package for event support – right down to executing post-event follow up email campaigns etc – designed to take the stress and pain out of attending these large scale events.
Contact us today to discuss your requirements with us and see how we can help!